Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Last week

There still are many ups and downs that Adele goes through daily. I never know who I am waking up next to, so most mornings, I get up early and out of bed to distance myself from her moods. She goes from enjoying a day out with family and great dinners (OK, some dinners were not so great) and then sleeping until 4pm other days. We are trying to get away from so many pills, and I keep believing that is happening. Then later I find she has taken too many again. Once we get to a steady use of pills, and not changing what she uses every day, we should see some sign of if this is the right thing to do. We did drop 1 mood stabilizing drug that basically makes her a zombie after she takes it - within 3 hours from taking it she MUST go to bed and sleep. The doctor wanted her to take it in the am also, and I rebelled - calling him way to many bad names. I do not want a zombie wife who sleeps all night and day - just ignoring all her wonderful news.

She seems better - we started the new regimen on Thursday last week, and she slipped only once. I now have those pills, and she seems better. Bad night of sleep Sunday so Monday was mostly stay in bed for her. Tuesday was up and out by 8am and today she is up and getting ready by 7:30 am (our target time for her to wake) - I am usually up at 5:30 - 6 am.

Pray for good days to turn into wonderful days! With retirement now in sight, she has plenty of time on her hands, and then with all the good doctor reports - WOW - she should really being enjoying them. With my job, we can leave at a moment's notice for lunch at Northeast, Md and a crab sandwich, with a stop at the pottery place on the way back, almost any day. Or a trip to GA to see Ruby (and Eric & Julie) almost anytime. Pray for her to enjoy her life and live it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment