Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Flowers and other such stuff

Here we are in May and everything is growing like wildfire outside.  Adele needs to do everything outside, as I had back surgery on April 9th, and am under doctors orders to exhibit caution when doing any lifting, bending or even sitting.  We did have the youth group - ICON - from church over on a Saturday for some help in getting the front yard plantings prepared.  They did a great job ripping out old plants and getting the peat moss cultivated into the soil.

Adele has planted annuals in that area, and planted some shade plants under one of the large maple trees.  We also tried to dig out all the old tulip bulbs, as they are becoming anemic after 6 years in the ground.

Now to prepare for Memorial day on the patio (or inside if it is really 90 degrees) with Mom & Dad, Tom & Shannon and the kids. I am planning an 'Oven Fried Chicken "IV"' recipe I found on allrecipes.com.  For dessert I am making a 'Peanut Butter Cup Pie' again found on the Internet.  I do love making new things for guests, I get a better feel for whether the recipe should stay in my list of good things to make or not.

My next doctor appt is on June 8th, and I might be able to start mowing again after that.

Thanks for watching our posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment