Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 136 - Kids are here

OK - Saturday morning and Kaelyn & Mason are here with us today. Yes, just in case anyone wonders, my back is hurting more. Not sure if it is from picking up Mason for his nightly chores or sitting too long yesterday. Whichever it is, both were wonderful experiences, and to be enjoyed while doing so, and therefore no more complaint than - "Yes my back hurts".

We were with Tom's family yesterday at his graduation luncheon and had such great fun. Wonderful speeches (or talks) by everyone involved. Especially liked the Colonel's portion - he had an interesting perspective and I enjoyed it. Brought the kids back for a day with the Nanny & Pop Pop.

Almost forgot, but Adele had minor foot surgery (very minor) for an ingrown nail yesterday and she has a bandage on it since then. She cleaned and soaked last evening - while the kids and I watched "Bolt - The Super Dog!". I think she is OK with the toe now, especially since she got it checked out before we head south next week.

Adele has been growing stronger every week. She has been cleaning again, cooking and doing much more around the house. I can stop doing my bi-monthly cleaning finally (or when it gets too dirty and I can't ignore it anymore cleaning). She is amazing in what she has been doing for the past week and more. She is finally feeling more "normal" but there is always the mental image of cancer coming back. Not sure if she will ever lose that - probably not. I try to be as UP as possible and need to keep reminding myself to be aware of her and what she is saying. All husbands know what I mean, we get too immunized in what our spouse is saying, we miss a lot of what they really are saying, and suffer from it. I remind myself about every week, I need to hear her and what she is saying...

Next Friday we head off to Augusta, Georgia and our baby Julie. Eric, Julie and Ruby are all looking forward to our visit, and I think Julie got a day or so off to be with us more. We will stay over 2 weekends, so Eric has a chance to show off his barbecue prowess (and his Orion grill). I know I already said something about buying some slabs of ribs and beer for the first one. I looked at the weather today for that area, and there is a 30% - 40% chance of rain - until the day we arrive, then it goes to 0% and 92 degrees. Hope our luck holds out for most of the trip - as I do want to enjoy their pool and deck as much as possible.

OK - gotta go, the kids are awake, and I will be expected to make the pancakes and bacon.

See you all later - Rick

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time and I'm so glad. Enjoy those kiddos today!

    I have a blog as well. If you want to check it out- it's at http://authordream.blogspot.com

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete