Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 144 - In Georgia

Adele & I came down to Eric & Julie's Friday (arriving Saturday around noon). We stayed overnight in Jonesville, NC and finished the last 4 hours of the trip on Saturday. Making it a 2 day trip really allows us to enjoy the time we spend here immediately, with no "driving time lag" from driving 12 hours or more.

Julie, Eric & Ruby had a picnic planned for us. Mike, Erica, Eva and Gwen were here along with Scott and Jordan (who stopped by on his way to work. Eric used the Orion cooker to do 4 racks of ribs, and then gave one to Jordan for work. Wonderful - glorious - smoked in cherry, and rubbed with a great rub. Spicy and almost too hot, but Sweet Baby Ray's calmed it down a bit and finished off the taste. We had a great time with all and got to catch up with everyone. Even found out Sid & Jordan (Florida for the past few years) are moving back soon - now that they are engaged. Two more of the crew to get together for picnics.

Today the guys are going to soccer games. Mike is playing, and I will do my best to keep Eric next to me without playing - yeah his knee is hurting again - and of course the half cast ion his arm should (but doesn't) stop him from playing.

Not sure where the girls are going, maybe to soccer also, but wherever they go I am sure Adele will be holding or playing with Ruby. We both got a good measure of her yesterday, while I am really making sure I do not hog her when Adele is there. Ruby & Julie were home in April? but I want to make sure Adele gets more than her share of Ruby this week.

This morning I am working on Eric's PC and making it as complete and fast as I can. Tons of work, but mostly waiting for the computer to finish tasks I give it. The disk defrag has already taken an hour and is only 65% done, so I wait to install more until that is done. Eric & Julie had it mostly done from hints I gave earlier, and yes I found the CD I kept telling her she should have, so she did not need to get anything from me - Oh well, that's the way she is sometimes. She was just a bit stressed and wanting to get the PC going again after a lousy cable ($1.50) knocked out her first hard drive. She is glad to see her private PC support team here.

That's it until later - I already have rambled too much - too much caffeine this AM while everyone else sleeps.

Thanks - Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment