Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Vette Rocks

I had a chance to have a dynometer run on my '90 Corvette today. It was a rainy Saturday, but we had more people there than had signed up, so it was a good day.

My L98 is rated at 245 horsepower and 340 torque as standard from the factory. I have wondered for the past 8 years, what does this car have in it. Well, I got my answer today.

Modifications are limited to K&N air filter and a redone exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers.

Rear wheel horsepower was 214.81, with all three runs being consistent - from 212.41 - 214.81. Translated into hp at engine, Bob said was around 286.4 horsepower and 396.4 torque. Way over factory numbers, and I was very happy. No wonder I have so much fun. BTW, he got the car to around 140 MPH which is a new high for it - as I have only been to 125 MPH in it.

Wow - was that fun or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment