Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More Platelets Please!

Adele & I were at IPOP this morning, and after the customary 2 hour wait, found white cell counts coming up but platelet counts dropping again. Left IPOP, back to the apartment and drop all extra items, then off to the Safeway store for supplies. Adele sat in the van with the heater on while I shopped. My brother called twice, as he was at our house in Ephrata picking up supplies for delivery tomorrow.

Then - the hospital called and said they had a good match for platelets and wanted to transfuse Adele again. Checked out with the groceries and dropped her off at the front door of the Weinberg building. She went back to IPOP and got started with the platelets transfusion.

In the mean time, I drove back to the apartment and pulled up front to get the cart and all the groceries back into the apartment. Everything was going well until the door key did not work. Groceries left in the hall and back downstairs to get the electronic key renewed. After 2 trys, the girl had one of the house keeping crew let me into my room. After a 1/2 hour there was a knock on the door with the redone key - which now works.

Now I need to wait the 3 hours before going to pickup Adele at the IPOP after her transfusion is done.

See you all soon? - Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment