Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday - the week end

OK - today had it all. Grumpy, snappy, angry, depressed, all of it, and that was just me.. This week has been filled with appointments and work for me. I had to go go all week and now I am tired. Just got up from a 2 hour nap and still waking up. Needed to lay down and close the eyes, while Adele watched Dr Phil. Bathory (the cat) joined me and we just fell asleep without ever telling Adele. She found out right after 5 that we were sleeping and joined us for a few minutes.

Today has been a good day. We stayed home, no shopping trip, better for us both - tired and dragging the butt. We will enjoy some steaks from my daughter tonight and then a movie. Adele is feeling more like herself - but she just said "I lost Adele, and isn't sure where to find her." as a description of how she feels right now.

That sums up what I have been thinking for the past two months or so.

Oh well, this weekend is full of things to do for both of us. Saturday we will get to Shady Maple Smorgasbord for Jon and Angela's engagement party. That's the place you come out of thinking "I can't believe I ate the whole thing".

Sunday - Beth is coming over for the afternoon. And we used to think (in the late 60's) that that trip had to be an overnight trip. Oh, Elaine wanted to feed us, so she is dropping Sun supper on Saturday evening.

More later - many appointments next week, with John Hopkins on Thursday being the main one. I will post my thoughts as the week progresses.

Pray for peace all week. Rick

4 comments:

  1. Hi Friends.. it was so great to spend an hour chatting w/ Adele tonight. I 'm encouraged by the "happy tone" in her voice. I'm sure you have both been on an emotional roller coaster this week. I will try to touch base each day next week in between my " nursing duties" w/ Bill. Enjoy your "fun" weekend, especially tha engagement party!!
    Love to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people still ask me if I'm staying overnight when I mention that I'm going to see you...funny...

    See you tomorrow! Lauren will land there about 3 pm as well and then she gets a shopping trip to Walmart out of the deal....

    Have fun today and eat a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uncle Rick,

    I just got caught up on the blog. I know this is difficult for both of you and the thought of another round of Johns Hopkins is a tough one. I'm sending lots of good vibes and virtual hugs your way.

    I was glad to see you guys on Saturday. I can't believe the amount of food -- and where else can you get a slushie, cracker pudding and salmon?!?

    Let me know if there's anything I can do, however small.

    Love,
    Joci

    ReplyDelete