Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wed afternoon

We made a decision today. Adele will retire on her 62nd birthday, May 15th or the first business day after that. I have notified the school district and principal of her school. I also called PSERS and have them sending the estimate and once we get that, we can contact them for the final retirement counseling. She has finished her formal letter of requesting a retirement, and unpaid leave time from mid March through retirement.

All that running and writing done by noon, only broke down twice, I did not want to do that, but she loved teaching so much. Now all she can think about is how to get this thing defeated. Cancer, Damn - Damn - Damn - I don't like it, she doesn't like it, it makes her someone else and I hurt with her. Out Damn Cancer!

OK - I also have work to do, especially I will be the wage earner now. Too stressful a day to do much more. Shoulders hurt, back hurts, neck hurts, all tensed up.

The calendar is full of appointments again. One after another - it will be our life for the next six months or so. Many trips to Baltimore for sure. Maybe we can squeeze a trip to Augusta in there for a visit to the Barna branch of our family.

Tired, thanks for listening. Rick

3 comments:

  1. You both are doing a fantastic job of handling this. It's so difficult. Praying for you for physical and mental strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Rick..you are her ROCK!! I retired @ 62 also, which will give her "full" retirement. She won't take any penalties!! I'd be glad to take her to some of those appointments..just say the word.
    Love to you both:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick - I am not working right now - so if you need anything (transport, food, shopping, anything).....PLEASE let me know. I am praying.

    Paulla Lied

    ReplyDelete