Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The research at John Hopkins

The research that Adele has been notified of is for B Cell Lymphoma patients that have had a relapse. When we talk with Dr Meade we will learn more about this research.

The first part of the research is only to identify those participants that have a good donor, using polymorphism testing. Adele is OK so far with this, will any donors be good donors - good enough to be allowed into the second half of the research - the actual BMT part?

A lot of things need to happen before she actually gets a BMT through this research group. I truly believe God will control whether Adele will be OK for this.

Adele is still in a "I never thought I would be looking at a BMT again. It was so horrible in what it did to me before. I am not sure if I can do that again." She also has said many times, that it will be a family decision.

Without a BMT - I believe chemo is the other way to go, although she had relapsed within 3 months before with just chemo. This time the BMT gave her 1 year. Lord give her 20 years this time.

I am starting to need more support - this past 2 1/2 years have been hard on us both. Thanks to all for keeping in touch this way. Rick

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post and the information- sounds like there are a couple of ways to go with this. I'm going to pass your blog address along to some, and we'll be praying for clear direction and wisdom for all involved. Like I said before,I am available to go to Johns Hopkins with you both when you go - just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adele and Rick - I want you both to know that I am praying for wisdom in the hard decision you and your family will need to make in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning.. thanks for the update....lots of tough decisions to make. I will pray for God's wisdom, leading and mercy. Adele, I know you are trying to digest all of this...remember I am right around the corner, if you need me..I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick and Adele...Please know that you are loved and supported always! As much as you are overloaded with darkness and interference right now, try to listen for the quiet, small voice (sometimes loud & boisterous!) voice of God. I am convinced that He will provide you with the info and answers you need. I, too, am available to go to JH or to help in anyway that you need it. I pray that you will have peace and strength throughout this part of the journey. Take joy in the small blessings each day. Hugs & Kisses!

    Love,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for keeping us posted. You know whatever decisions you make will be right and you will have complete support from family and friends. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Anything. Meanwhile, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, as always.

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are both held in my heart, as always.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete