Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 44 - Emotions are all over the place

OK, I admit it, I want to be joyful, happy and celebrate the "Last Rituxan Treatment" today. Barb F just picked Adele up to go to the Cancer Center at LGH for her last treatment. BUT, she noticed a bit of blood on her arm where the PICC line dressing is. Not surprising to me, and it probably happened during this mornings IV treatment. Somehow the line got tugged and started the bleeding again. I got it stopped, and used gauze to dress the area where the blood was seeping out oif the dressing.

My reaction was as normal, "Let's fix this then call the VNA." Adele on the other hand is all emotions and rightly so, she seemed OK, but then tears about how this will stop her Rituxan and she will need to reschedule everything. This before she had even called the VNA.

OK - she called them, they returned the call and setup a date with her at the Cancer Center to redo the dressing while she is there this morning. Should be OK now, but I found her mumbling about how heavy the bags were (some books and blanket, and in her purse about a 1/2 lb of change). Of course we needed to get in another cry about this. I know she is ok with the crying, just her way to release feelings.

BUT, I keep trying to Rejoice in the last treatment idea. I want to take her out this weekend, but I am now more and more sure she will not want to set foot outside of this house for a few more days. We do hope to see Kaelyn turning some somersaults at Harrisburg - 10:30 AM on Sat.

Gotta go - customers are getting demanding. More later - hopefully with a brighter tone.

Thanks all - Also wanted to say, Somsavath arrived back home in Vientiane today

No comments:

Post a Comment