Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 15 and a Georgeous Day

I am up at 5 AM listening to Adele breath (somewhat snore) and just so happy to lay there, arms around her and love her. Her breathing and walking are improving each day. Yesterday the Nurse Practitioner said to do walks in the apartment and breath deep as she walks. This will help with getting her breathing back to normal. She tried to remember not to lean left as she walked and is looking better every hour.

The NP also said masks for her are good to be wearing when she is outside of the private cubby in IPOP and going between the IPOP and the apartment. BUT not necessary in the apartment or house. She gave her a quick lesson about what distance people could be before she would need a mask. Closer than 2 or 3 feet and she would need it. We did also get to see Dr Meade and that was great.

Today is an IPOP appointment at 9:30 AM and then nothing else for the rest of the day. I am going home for around 18 hours while Yvonne B is here with Adele. Tomorrow is a sit-in-the-apartment day, no IPOP appointment. Possibly we will need to be there every other day, perhaps every third day? We should find out more today.

My being able to hug Adele for the first time in over a month or two has made this a moving experience for me. We have always been a very close and touchy feely couple. I love holding her hand, sleeping with my arm on her shoulder, etc. That has been something we could not allow for awhile because of the possibility of transfer of germs. My need to touch, feel and hold her is now being satisfied again and I know the end of this long trial is in sight, if not already here!

I Thank God Every Day for allowing me to be with Adele and Love her so much. Without all the support I have had through this blog, it would have been a much harder journey than it was. This has been a very trying and emotional time for us, and we thank everyone for their support. Some home support will still be needed as Adele follows a schedule of what she can and cannot do for the next year.

ie., no cleaning with any chemicals, no cat litter box cleaning (she never did that), no diaper changing, but holding Ruby will be OK, stay away from people with cold or flu or who have had a live virus shot. Many more - but you get the gist. Her immune system is brand new, born on Jan 21, 2009, which is her new
(2nd) birthday and all days are numbered from that day (Day 0). Yes so now I need to get her 2 birthday presents every year, but she deserves everything she gets. This has not been easy for her, but her life is much better for it.

I am droning on at 5 AM, so I will sign off until after I get home tonight.

Pray for physical strength to return and Thanksgiving for all that has transpired so far. We are very thankful Lord and Praise Your Holy Name!

Rick & Adele

PS - Adele movies at youtube.com - search for rstauffer43 and watch her fall asleep while eating lunch - Sunday 2/1/09 - the morphine drip was going constantly and I was very afraid she was too doped up, but she laughed when she saw these.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post- I enjoyed reading it and sent it on to many friends. They enjoyed it too.
    Hope to see you both on Valentine's Day in Ephrata, of all places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a special experience for both of you. Enjoy every moment.
    Love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete