Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 17 - I am back in Baltimore

I got back to Baltimore yesterday around 1 PM. I called both my wife's and Yvonne's cell phones about 2-3 times each and had no luck getting them to answer. I sat in the lobby for 1/2 hour and finally had the girl at the desk call the bedroom phone in our room. As it started to ring, Adele got off the elevator and greeted me. Surprise! They saw me there in the lobby when they returned from the IPOP clinic and she just came down straight from the car. I had sworn I saw Yvonne's car passing me in the apartment's drive, just as I was getting out of the van to unpack. I had even tried (waving and yelling "Yvonne!") to get the drivers attention - but she was thinking about getting where she needed to be.

Adele is much better - again, she was the one to come downstairs for me, not Yvonne. That is a major break through. She is walking now, not shuffling around. She even washed the dishes while I dried them last night after supper (Yvonne's Shepard's Pie). I also finished the wash and folded everything from the past week.

This morning we have an appointment at 9:30 in IPOP. Adele thinks she will need platelets, so she is preparing to have a longer stay today. It still looks like Wed might be the day we can come home. Tuesday is the last scheduled IPOP appt. They did schedule a Wed AM appt to remove the catheter but that was done before her stem cells were implanted in January.

More later today - Thanks - Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment