Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 22 - Home again, home again, jiggety-jog


We arrived back in Ephrata by 11 AM today and stopped at Arby's for Adele's first pickup meal (took it home) - since ?? November ??. She enjoyed the entire ride back and got a bit teary as we hit Hahnstown Rd - so close to home. I unpacked the car, went to pick up mail and restart it again, then to WalMart for supplies.

Back home we did a bit of unpacking, while we opened the multitude of cards received since last week. Thank you all, every one was shared and commented on. Such great and wonderful friends we have!

Now off for a rest - I started the day at 6 AM and am getting a mite tired. Reading will surely turn to nap time.

Thank you all - God has been great

Rick & Adele

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are home!!! How wonderful. Lyn and Debbie and the other Eleanor Stauffer that were in the church office after hanging up from talking to Adele were so excited to hear me share all my sister news when I got off the phone. They were rejoicing with me, and with you.
    Dorothy Gale said it best, "There's no place like home." Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK!!! HOME SWEET HOME!! I'm sure that phrase has new meaning for you both!!! Sleep well in your own bed!!! I'm sooooooo happy that you are here and not there!! ha:-) I know there will be many friends who will want to visit w/ you...so you'll be busy..try not to over-do!!!! Take care..rest..get your strength back... call when you are up for a chat.
    Give each other extra bear hugs on Valentine's Day!!! Praise God for HIS unfailing love!!
    My Love,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete