Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 16

This morning I woke at 3:30 and could not stop thinking about how so many have helped us through this period of pain and suffering. Every day as I write the entries for this blog, I am reminded of what has happened and how God has played a part in helping us through the day.

This is My Testimony.

I cannot stop thinking how:
Our Lord is so Wonderful,
He is there with His arms hugging us when we are hurting,
He is with us in others when we least expect it,
He is with us and guiding us always.

I have been lugging this "Bledso Brace Systems" boot on my left foot since Dec 19th and although it looks awkward, it allows me to walk without much pain. I have known all along that Adele would be OK and get through this stem cell transplant. But it has been very hard to watch her go through all the pain and weariness she experienced. Even so, I have tried every day to keep my smile and cheerfulness and talk with anyone I encounter about how God has played a part in our journey. He has been with us even in the darkest hours. I am reminded of that every day.

Thursday I came home to Ephrata to get some work done and found His love surrounding me as I talked with our friends. He has astounded me in many ways, and showed me that we are loved and cared for by many, not few. He is with us all and wants us to love another just as He loves us. I felt that Love today from all of the people I contacted.

Adele's schedule is more apparent now and it looks like we could be home next Wed or Thursday. Adele was told her catheter would be removed next Tuesday - but I believe they think she still has her pheresis catheter. She will get 4 treatments of Rituxan in the next few weeks? months? and will need her hickman catheter for that. Her pheresis catheter was pulled and is healed already - back around Jan 16 or so.

Adele is stronger every day. It is noticeable since she was so weak this past few weeks. I have watched her go from a "I need to hold on to anything I can to get up and shuffle around" to the current, walking and deep breathing exercises in our apartment hallway. We will work on the walking and breathing this weekend and when we get home.

More when I get back to Baltimore today.

Thank you all - You are Loved - Rick

2 comments:

  1. We love you because we are so loved by our Heavenly Father. I watched the movie "Fireproof" last night. What a witness as to what God's love for us can do.
    You have been that witness to all you meet as you share your faith and journey. Thank you. We never know what our love and care for others will mean in their lives.
    I'm so glad that Adele will be home soon. Remember we are still there for you.
    Love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rick & Adele,
    We are so excited for you to come home, another step forward in this difficult journey. God's amazing love and grace is with you every step of the way. Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete