Friday, January 16, 2009

Adele is alone today and Saturday

OK, I drove home, via Tom & Shannon's, Thursday afternoon. Celebrated our birthdays (Tom & I) last night and had a great time with the kids. Shannon had a delicious lasagna and Mason picked out the cake. I even got a bit of wrestling in with them - actually consisted of them jumping on my back repeatedly - and talked with Tom, Shannon, Jack & Trena. Tom was able to fill me in more about his new position, Lieutenant Stauffer, and what he will be doing this year. Maybe Captain Stauffer next year?

Anyway, I got home around ?10:15? and could not get to sleep until midnight. Up at 7:11 but the eyes did not really open until 8. Then coffee, washing clothes and checking with customers. Soon going to church to get payroll updated and then more wash to do. Also need to get year end work for the business done, so that will be next.

Adele had a good night sleep, a bit unsteady on her feet this morning, so they are checking blood pressure - laying down, sitting up and standing - three times in a row so they can see if she needs fluids. After a night of no fluid intake, it is possible that she just needs to drink water.

Other than that, she is doing well this morning and was cheerful when I talked with her. She laughed to hear that Kaelyn & Mason made a "Pin the Nose on Rudolph" for her hospital room wall. We will need to get a blindfold (or just close our eyes) and have some of the nurses try their luck.

More later when I get back to Adele on Sunday
Thanks to all - Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment