Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 7 @ J Hopkins

Talked with Adele this morning. She is feeling (hopefully) at her lowest yet. The doctors are worried about the liver numbers. They will do an ultrasound today to check on any liver damage.

Pray for liver damage - if any - to be minimized and at best no damage.

She is very weak and has had nurses doing things to her every hour or so, and has not been able to get a good sleep at all. She was weepy talking with me and knew she would feel this way, but hates it anyway. She is also having sitz baths every few hours to relieve the pain she has.

I still have a few items left on my schedule, then tomorrow I plan on getting back to JH and Adele for the next week.

THANK YOU to Steve F from across the street. He just did my entire walk and drive with his snowblower and saved me getting a wet foot. I am still in my boot that the foot doctor has me in to heal the broken bone in the foot. It is open to weather and when it is wet out, like today, I get a very cold and wet foot.

Thanks to everyone that have been so understanding and helpful in the past few months. This is hard to do, and Adele and I appreciate you all so much. We will never get to repay all the kindnesses we have received from everyone.

Cards as always to our home in Ephrata and then I can clean them off before getting them to her.

Again - thanks for all - Rick

1 comment:

  1. Rick, we will be praying for no damage to the liver. Let us know if there is anything else we can do. We love you guys. Give Adele a "hug" from us when you see her tomorrow.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete