Monday, January 19, 2009

JH and Day "-2"

I arrived at 10 AM and decided to just go into Adele's room. Forget the 11 - 10 visiting hours, no one flinched to see me an hour early. We miss each other and so who cares if I get here early, they understand.

The doctor told Adele she would have the pheresis port pulled out today, and get platelets if they felt it was necessary (her platelet count was 159,000 yesterday - a range of 150,0000 - 400,000 is normal) to help with the clotting and healing.

She has been up since 4 AM when they started this round of chemo. At 4 AM they start fluids and pre chemo meds, then at 6 AM they start the Cytoxan and around 7 AM they go back to the fluids and meds. The Cytoxan is only about an hour, while the rest of the day is fluids and meds to fight the side effects. She has had some ill effects, not many, just some items showing the need for the meds.

She is, of course, tired and I told her to close her eyes and sleep. You know Adele, and that is impossible for her to do. Her doctor is aware I am here now, and promised to stop in to let me know what they plan for today. So if there is anything else for the blog after his visit, I will let you know.

Again - Many thanks to all that are helping - including this angel in disguise called Debbie. She is allowing us to stay (just me now) at her home in Pasadena and it allows me to be here on a daily basis, early in the morning. We also had a great time cheering on her team (Pittsburgh Steelers) last night as they went on to the Super Bowl. She also loves to cook and is keeping me fat and happy! This would be so much harder without her.

We love you all - Rick & Adele

1 comment:

  1. Rick and Adele, Ana and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Sending strength and Love. Marge

    ReplyDelete