Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 8 at JH

Talked with Adele last night around supper. Still a bad day for her. She is having more pain than she thought she would ever have, but is encouraged by the probability that Wed & Thurs should be her lowest point for blood counts. Mouth sores are also developing and make eating and drinking very hard to do. We both expect that her blood work numbers should start climbing again very soon. Once that happens, this horrible experience will be behind her and there is nothing but better in the future.

Right now she is exhausted by everything she needs to do. Eating tires her out, but then she has to go to the bathroom and that is painful. Sitz baths are a relief, but are again very tiring and she then needs to wait for the nurses to clean up the bath, so she can use it later. Walking is a tiring exercise, but she tries to do it. She sounds very tired on the phone and is prone to tears while talking about what she has to do daily.

She has been leaning heavily on God and me for support this week and is hopeful for better times to come soon.

I am driving back this morning, as soon as the sun comes out to help with the icy spots on the road. I also do not want to be in any work traffic - rush hours - as I prefer driving without all the bumper to bumper traffic that develops in Baltimore. Packing and washing things to get ready and I am almost there. She will be pleased to see me again. It is hard to come home, but I must get some business done also.

Pray for physical and spiritual strength. I believe we are past the downside of all the chemo treatments and have nothing but getting better left. Pray that complications do Not happen.

Thanks to all - and our Lord God - I will try to post more when I get to Baltimore today

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment