Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 4 and all is well

Adele had a good night, although the chemo is wearing her down more each day. She is resting as I type this, after we did 2 rounds of the halls first. Still some diarrhea hitting her, but she is eating well enough anyway. Imodium finally given just now, hopefully that will help firm things up.

She is covered with Mrs Zimmerman's quilt that she got years ago. Adele taught kindergarten when Mrs Zimmerman made it for her. It keeps her so warm and comfortable. Anyone who knows Adele understands how cold she gets when she is well, let alone now that the chemo is in her body. My thoughts and prayers have been including Mrs Z and her family as the quilt has brought Adele so much comfort.

Today, I was driving in to JH and saw a "Service Engine Soon" lamp on, so it looks like I might need to get back to Ephrata sooner than I expected. I might just go back on Monday afternoon and leave the car at Sauder's until I get back again. I can always get back here on Wed afternoon, using Tuesday and Wed AM for business instead of Thursday and Fri AM. What else will this Regal give me headaches with? Only has 87K miles - it should go for quite a while yet.

Thought you all would love to see the other grandchildren that Adele has not seen since ?October?. She does miss everyone, family the most, but everyone else she talks and works with on a normal basis, during a normal year. Last time we were normal more than 3 months was in the first half of 2007. Since right after our daughter's wedding in Sept 2007 we have been fighting this cancer. Would be nice to see the "skater dudes" again.




Love ya all, Rick & Adele
Prayers for Somsavath & Thip also, as they start on the journey of healing.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post- I'll be sure to give a call later. Chris leaves home about 5:15- family dinner will be happening before that. So glad Adele is resting well and has that nice big quilt! So many at church this morning have asked about her and are praying for her. It's wonderful to know. Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girlfriend.... it was so good to talk to you Saturday night!! I'm glad the diarrhea is slowing down. As you can see by the time of this posting, I am having a major insomnia attack!!! So here I am, writing and thinking of you...visions of you curled up, toasty warm and cozy in that big quilt snoozing away. Maybe that visualization will bring me sleep!!!
    Rick, if you need to come home Tuesday and Wednesday to work, I can stay w/ Adele Tuesday OR Wednesday. Let me know.
    All My Love to you both:-)
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick,
    Sounds like Adele is on the journey back!
    Hope every day gets a little better.
    just a question.
    Is Adele allowed flowers in her room?

    ReplyDelete