Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sat the 17th - My Birthday - Back to JH

OK - I admit it - I missed Adele so much I came back early. Of course I forgot Obama was coming to Baltimore, and that traffic would be worse. I did not think they would close Rte 83 and take everyone off it. They dumped me into a city street, along with thousands of other cars, near the Amtrak station. I only had to go in circles once before I got directions away from the mess from a policeman. From there the GPS got me through what I perceived as "bad areas" of Baltimore and to the hospital.

Got here around 4 PM - about 31 hours early and Adele was, of course, very surprised. We sat and watched Obama speak and now that I am here, I know why the traffic was so bad.

Adele is doing good - started on Cytoxan at 3:30 AM this morning and is "hooked up" to the IV pump until she gets out of JH as an inpatient. Now her spirits are a bit better than a 1/2 hour ago. Not sure why? I will stay until late and then on to Debbie's for bed and back in the morning.

Thank you all so much

Rick

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! That's great you're back with her. I BET she was surprised. Talk to you all later...Beth

    ReplyDelete