Monday, January 19, 2009

Pheresis Port is OUT!

I came back from lunch and found the doctor and nurse in Adele's room, talking about what he needed to take out her pheresis port. I decided to go to the waiting room and stay out of the room, keeping my dirty body? out of the room while he pulled it out. Apparently it took all of 5 minutes to pull the tubing out and patch her up. Now she just has the hickman port - no port in each side of the chest anymore.

Hooray!

Today is MLK Day and a holiday for the hospital. I should have guessed it when I got here and the garage was mostly empty. Anyway, Adele is doing great and had a good rest after her lunch (I was gone) and was woken by the doctor.

Thanks - Rick

2 comments:

  1. Rick and Adele...

    I have been praying since last week when I first heard of this part of your journey. I pray that God will guide the doctors and nurses who are caring for Adele. Love Paulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!
    It really is nice to be able to go on this journey with you and know specifically how to pray. Hopefully you both were able to get some much needed rest today.

    ReplyDelete