Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 10 after Transplant

I walked into Adele's room about 9:15 this morning and found a very exhausted woman. She has had a very bad night - a fever during the night - still too much pain while moving her bowels - and more weakness than up to now.

First off they plan on having her chest X-ray done to check her - ?? because of the fever. Next they have ordered a morphine pump, so she will control when and how much she needs. Last night they gave her 1 mg shot and then 2 mg more. She said the 3 mg took care of most, but not all, of the pain.

I helped her change her pajamas to a fresh pair and new underwear. She is having much trouble even getting standing - she is so weak. I helped her stand, and put her in the (kind of like) lazyboy chair so they can clean her room. I left to do this blog while they clean the room and she reads a bit. This morning she is just happy to have me here and hear my voice next to her. Do not call her until I see improvement here. She cannot get to the phone anyway.

I put away the wash I did for her, the toilet paper I brought and other supplies. She is also happy to see the white count start to rise. The 8PM blood test last night showed a WBC of 60 - a good increase from the <50 (basically no WBC) the past two days. The stem cells and meds are starting to work?

Pray for strength - in Body - Mind - Soul she needs the prayers in all 3.

Thanks to all - Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment