Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Busy room at JH

Adele has been here less than 6 hours and the nurses and doctors have spent at least half of that time in the room, talking with her, probing her, checking her meds that she does take, etc.

Chemo is starting as I type this. Anti Nausea meds first and then Busulfin for the first round, 4 days of that with Cytoxan coming after that for four more days.

We are at Day "minus 8" on her calendar. Day 0 is when she receives her stem cell transplant or next Wednesday, and within a week or so of that (Day 8-14 - end of January) is when she will start feeling better and can possibly have visitors in the room. As it is, I am washing hands a lot and using a mask at all times when I am in the room with her, or in the patient area.

I am going back to Debbie's and supper, as meds and blood draws will go on constantly from now until 11 PM, and I need to get some dinner and then be back here by 11 AM tomorrow.

Pray for courage for both Adele and I, as we go through this period.

Rick

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting a note in the newsletter about the website. We will be thinking of and praying for you.
    Jasmine Heberlig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I've been praying and thinking of you all. Can you let me know what the mailing address would be? I have her room number and the general hospital address- I'll try sending something that way.

    Anxious to read the next blog post when you get a chance. Thanks for being there and taking such good care of my Adele.

    ReplyDelete